Afternoon Tea The Fruity Cook: Baking Up a Storm

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Baking Up a Storm

The Irish Budget 2010 has shocked me into action.
"Operation Home Baking" will start as from now...

Last year an encounter with "Industrial Food" in an Irish hospital was so disturbing I decided to focus on photography and keep spirits up with colourful images of the pleasant aspects of life in Ireland. It is a beautiful country and our home produce is of a very high standard indeed. Why this is sometimes not reflected in our institutions is a subject for sociologists, not for the home cook, so I'll stick to what I know.

Here's a recipe from the past for a rich, pastry-like

Apple Crumble

I once found it listed at a restaurant in Paris as
"Apple Grumble", which seems apt for these wintery days.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

So ... what're you cooking?

Donal said...

Hey There,

I have an invite to send to you, could you pop me an email to donalskehan@hotmail.com?

Cheers,

Donal

The Fruity Cook said...

Many apologies for the long delay in moderating both comments.

I'll try to keep up to date from now on.