Afternoon Tea The Fruity Cook: World Bread Day

Monday, October 20, 2008

World Bread Day

I cannot find a link to The World Bread Day Round Up
for 2008, so perhaps it does not yet exist.

Last year, thanks to Kochtopf.twoday.net I spend a
merry few hours baking and photographing with enthusiasm
and managed to represent the Irish facet of Bread Making.

This year, after a hum-dinger of a Summer, I had so much
work in the garden to catch up with that I had to let this
pleasure lie.

It would have been interesting to choose a fashionable
bread or cake for the event.
Now that I have a moment to think,
I wonder if a Brioche might have been a good idea.
It is not often seen in Irish bakeries, but many
people make it at home and serve it as an easy-going
breakfast treat in Winter.

1 comment:

David T. Macknet said...

Hmm... Has it happened already? Have you contacted people about it? At http://kochtopf.twoday.net/stories/5175999/?