Afternoon Tea The Fruity Cook: Going Nuts

Friday, November 02, 2007

Going Nuts

A new dual monitor and camera system means that I've been repetively making the same lamb stew recently. It works, especially if you buy a reasonably priced boned leg of lamb and cut it into quite large pieces, not the one inch cubes that were recommended in my schooldays. This makes for a more succulent dish.

The nutty bit? A bag of pistachio nuts, downed with plenty of green tea is one way
to have plenty of energy for a new series of computer tasks.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Hah! Me, give me a slow cooker (a.k.a. "crock pot") and a bag of pinto beans, for preference, and I don't have to think about food for days. Kind of nice sometimes. :)

The Fruity Cook said...

That's a good tip. I use a pressure cooker, which saves time and money when cooking beans or inexpensive cuts of meat.

David T. Macknet said...

Just be sure not to use the slow cooker overnight - it'll drive you absolutely mad! The smell will awaken you around 2 a.m., and you'll be quite put out, I can tell you from experience!