Afternoon Tea The Fruity Cook: It's Enough to Drive a Body to Drink

Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Enough to Drive a Body to Drink

This week I decided to learn German.
Nothing to do with the ululations raised
by the news that Ireland is not the
sophisticated watering hole of Europe
we all thought, but a less than adequate
place, downright frightening,if truth be told,
for some business magnates breezing in from the East.

No, I decided to learn German because I have a very lively
(and still, as I write, very incomprehensible) CD that sooths
me as I fold sheets and pillowcases of a day.

And, getting back to basic, I want to know more about
Pumpernickel.

Damned if I'm going to let recipes that last three days
at a stretch beat me down.

The link to "Very Quick Scones" is for sensible
folk who have better things to do than
sit looking at dough rising...

No comments: